I thought I would share a really easy Christmas decoration with you that you can make either on your own or with your children. It takes about 20 minutes and really is a simple make.
Here is Robbie
Click on the template then right click and save to your computer then resize to your preferred size robin and print off.
You will need :
- The template or make one of your own.
- Brown Felt or colour of your choice depending on what you would like your robbin to look like
- Fabric for his tummy I have chosen red polka dot you could also use red felt
- Thread in the colours you would like I have used brown for around the outer edge and white for securing his tummy and for the white dot in his eye.
- Stuffing you dont need anything fancy even scraps of felt or fabric will do the job nicely.
- Sewing kit, scissors, needles, pins etc
How to make:
1. Using the template cut out all the pieces you will need it should look like thi, you do not have to use fabric as your tummy piece another piece of felt or fabric will work just as well.
2. First of all you will need to sew all the bits and bobs on to one side of the large circles.
So to start off you will need to sew his tummy on, I pinned my tummy to the circle and stitched across the the top securing the tummy in place.
Stich across the top so it looks like this
3. Then sew all the other bits and bobs on here is a piccy of all the bits you need to sew on before you stich your button onto the wing. I used white to stitch the eye in place creating a cute little eye you could use a small button.
Once you have stiched all of your bits and bobs on sew the Button on to the wing, you do not have to do this if you prefer to leave it off.
4. Now take the back piece and starting from just above the eye blanket stitch or running stictch if its easier around the the circle shape of his body remembering to stop once inch from where you started.
5. Then sew in your ribbon
6. next you need to stuff your robbin, you can use stuffing or felt remnants or fabric material anything that will make him a bit puffy.
7. Continue to sew to close the whole and finish off.
8. You should now have some thing that resmbles a little robin to hang on your tree.
The brilliant thing about robbie is you can use different materials or different colour felt to create the same little bird the options are open, you could also make a little garland of robbies :)
I hope you find this tutorial useful if you do decide to use my template or make one of these robins then please send me the link as I would love to see and also mention my blog as the place you got the template from.